WAYFless (Where Are You From) URLs provide authenticated access (via OpenAthens or Shibboleth) to online content.
The WAYFless URL contains the following parameters:
- target URL
1. Set the entityID parameter to your institution's OpenAthens or Shibboleth Entity ID URL.
2. Set the target parameter to the SAGE URL (the target) you are linking to
- For example, to link to the SAGE Knowledge home page, set the target= to https://sk.sagepub.com
- To link to a specific SAGE Knowledge title, for example, The Encyclopedia of Research Design, set the target= to https://sk.sagepub.com/reference/researchdesign.
3. URL encode both parameter values. To do this, update the following URL characters:
Account administrators will also find their WAYFless URL, with your entity ID details pre-populated and encoded in your Secure Center administrator profile.
In Secure Center, your WAYFless URL is listed under your "Account Detail" under your Authentication settings.
Other examples of SAGE resources which will work with this WAYFless URL format:
SAGE Research Methods
SAGE Business Cases
CQ Press Library
For an example of a CQ Researcher WAYFless URL, using this template, please refer to this article:
For information on how to setup your OpenAthens or Shibboleth access method please refer to this article: